I keep getting the "can't connect to ad server" error, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be.
- Ensure you're connected to the internet. A weak cellular connection may cause the error.
- Ad blocker software or firewall settings can disrupt the ad service.
- If you use an ad blocker app on your device, disable it temporarily or "whitelist" Blast Rush.
- If at home, review your network router's firewall settings. You may need to whitelist the unity3d.com domain.
- If at work, in public, or in certain countries, you may be on a network that blocks the ad server.
- Note that ad-based gameplay bonuses are just bonuses, and you can still play the game as usual.
The Achievements and Leaderboards buttons disappeared from the Settings menu!
This is because the game failed to connect to the internet and sign into the game service (Game Center on iOS or Google Play Games on Android). When disconnected, you won't be able to view achievements or leaderboards, nor post high scores.
- Ensure you're connected to the internet, then fully close the game and restart. If you're not on wi-fi, a weak cellular connection may also cause the error.
The game runs too slow!
- Close any other running apps to free up system resources.
- Temporarily disable any power-saving modes or apps, often called "battery savers," "optimized mode," or "performance" power modes.
- Your device may simply not have capable hardware. Blast Rush on Android has a minimum OS requirement of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but this doesn't guarantee the game running at full speed.
- Check the capabilities of your device with an app like CPU-Z.
Some graphics are invisible or flicker.
- Move to a different game screen (for example, skipping How to Play and switching to the main menu). Also try closing and restarting the game.
- Temporarily disable any power-saving modes or apps.
- You may simply not have capable hardware.
I bought the Crystal Heron then deleted/reinstalled the game -- now it shows the Heron as unpurchased. Do I have to buy it again?
- If you downloaded Blast Rush from Google Play, ensure you're playing the game with the same Google Play account with which you purchased the ship.
- Select the Heron and it should instantly "erase" the buy box and let you use it. This will NOT charge you again.